Weather changes can be defined as long-term changes in the weather pattern. These changes can adversely affect the health of your child. You should be well aware of the precautions necessary for restricting any harm to your kid because of weather changes.
How does weather change affect the health of a child?
The surrounding enveloping us is immensely affected by the weather. The change impacts the oxygen, food, and water that your child is receiving. As a result, the change in weather plays a crucial role in your child’s overall development.
Diseases/ health deformities caused due to weather change
We are all concerned about the rising global temperature and its consequences. This temperature rise can damage many aspects of your child’s health.
- Warmer weather increases the survival of disease-carrying insects such as mosquitoes, ticks, and sand flies.
- Rainfall pattern changes the stagnation of water, which further leads to the breeding of mosquitoes. Diseases like dengue, malaria, and zika are increasing too.
- Air pollution can cause numerous respiratory diseases in newborns, infants, and kids.
- Major environmental incidents such as floods, droughts, or fires caused by weather changes can traumatize a child.
- Many babies are born before the delivery date due to the mother’s overexposure to pollution, heat, or contaminants.
- Heat strokes , malnutrition, allergies, melanoma, sunburns, etc., can also occur from these alterations in weather.
To ensure stable weather, we need to follow some steps.
- Reduce, reuse and recycle- These three methods can diminish the atrocities caused to the environment previously.
- Plant more trees.
- Use the energy or power more carefully and adopt the usage of renewable energies.
- Opt for non-polluting transportation.
- Educate your child regarding the changing weather so that they can work towards minimizing it.
A pediatrician is the best person to converse with regarding these issues. Dr. Vikas Patil is very knowledgeable and would provide you with the necessary details and solutions required for the healthy development of your child. You won’t leave his clinic dissatisfied!